"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"
--Dillion

About Me

My photo
I am a lot of things, sometimes it drives me insane,and I think too much, but at the end of the day I am happy with who I am. I spend most of my time trying to understand this life, creating the person I would like to be, and learning. I always appreciate the little things, and I try to be better than, and to make better, the bad things.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

"What Big Eyes You Have!"



Hello! Another beautiful day! Summer is not even two weeks away!
Some very excited stuff to talk about.

1) My whole life I have been told "What big brown eyes you have." Well I wish I could say "The better to see you with my dear." But the truth is I see (or don't see) 20/400. I am so sick of the headache it is to not see. Of waking up in the morning and feeling around until my fingers clasp around my glasses. Of going camping and sticking my dirty sandy finger into my eye for my contacts. Of trying to swim with contacts in! So I saw about lasik the other day! Learned all kinds of crazy things! I learned about Rk, PRK, Lasik, and all about how they have improved it. Apparently they used to make the flap in your eye by hand with a blade..yuck! Now they have a laser that injects bubbles into your eye separating the layers of tissue. I also found out as of now I am a candidate of PRK an not lasik because of my astigmatism. Anyway I can tell you all about it now! I feel pretty confident about the procedure. Although I'm willing to pay the price because I think it would be worth it, I am praying that my insurance will cover a percent of it!! So that's that. If I can can swing the price, I will be seeing 20/20 (At the least 20/30) in no time!!

2) Next I have very exciting news! I got a lot of grant money this semester for my grades shweeet!

3) Also I learned something. Since middle school all I wanted to do was run away from my life because of how unhappy I was. I wanted to go out of state for school and study abroad and not come back for a long time. But for the first time in my life I am so much happier. I'm on my own, my family is in a much better place, I'm enjoying college so much more than high school. Now that I feel that way I'm realizing study abroad may not be the best option. I still want to travel of coarse, but now I want to do it in the summers and for shorter amounts of time. Now I am traveling to see what I can find there, not because I am running away from what is here, and I think that is a much better reason!

So on that note I found tons of cool programs and destinations, some offer credits, some don't, but they are all amazing and something I am definitely gonna do..plus they are soo much more affordable!

The two I am thinking about right now
1) Greece-The exploration of all the Greek isles
2) Costa Rica- 50 volunteer hours, a zip line, and counts for some international studies credits which are sooo boring in a class!

4) Anyway, as far as school goes I've been having the wrong approach. I've been adding on majors and minors constantly thinking it would solve my "lost" problem. Now I realize that's dumb. I think I am going to stick with one major and one minor, graduate quickly and on time! Then I can always go back or go forward to graduate school. School is already overwhelming, and for people who fill their plate too much, or who constantly change their major, graduating gets more and more complicated! I don't want to do that.

Now off to write some last papers, and study for Finals.

I am almost a college junior!! So exciting!

1 comment:

  1. Carrie! I am so glad you feel good about the eye surgery. My vote is Costa Rica, I loved it there, but Greece would be great, and glad life is going well, I understand what you are saying. I miss you and love you! :)

    ReplyDelete