"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"
--Dillion

About Me

My photo
I am a lot of things, sometimes it drives me insane,and I think too much, but at the end of the day I am happy with who I am. I spend most of my time trying to understand this life, creating the person I would like to be, and learning. I always appreciate the little things, and I try to be better than, and to make better, the bad things.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

We are Meant to Grow

As I sit here quite late with a pounding headache, and legs painfully sore, I must admit I am really loving growing up. I was always afraid of it, but what a wonderful thing it is. I love being able to question, have deep conversations, think, just to be aware of myself is wonderful! Thinking back at just how unaware a young mind is, it's nice to get to a point where you are in control of who you are, how people see you, your attitude on life, and your actions! I love being totally in control of that stuff and holding myself accountable for who I am becoming. I love that my parents are now just people, and that we talk like best friends. I love that now we are on an even playing field and we can learn from each other and truly be there for each other. But most of all, I love creating myself! What an amazing thing! We can constantly make ourselves more knowledgeable, more experienced, just better! I can't imagine having kids at this age. I have so much to learn about myself and about the world. I know I'll never have the world figured out, but I at least want to create me to be the best person I can before I try to teach someone else how to...be. lol. Anyway, growing up is beautiful. I never want to be sad that I am a certain age, because each year is another chance to better yourself, learn, and grow.

For the first time in my life I feel totally in charge of who I am and who I become, and I am honored to have the responsibility!

No comments:

Post a Comment