"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"
--Dillion

About Me

My photo
I am a lot of things, sometimes it drives me insane,and I think too much, but at the end of the day I am happy with who I am. I spend most of my time trying to understand this life, creating the person I would like to be, and learning. I always appreciate the little things, and I try to be better than, and to make better, the bad things.

Friday, May 21, 2010

Un-Integrating

There's this boy, sure he likes video games, sports trivia, and cult classics, but I love him! I've got my ice cream and my cell phone's buzzin like crazy for the first time in awhile, this of coarse means one thing: I have been left alone this weekend. The boy has gone on a guy's weekend, and for once I decided to identify myself with the female species and stay behind. Ugh It was hard, being a girl sucks sometimes..sure you get free stuff and you don't have to carry your own books, but it's not worth it at all.

After the first, I don't know hour, of missing him like crazy I decided I should really take this time to get in touch with my girlfriends. When you are lucky enough to have your significant other be your best friend, you forget other people are on the planet. This is probably not healthy, about as healthy as only eating one food group. So as hard as it was allowing myself to get ditched this weekend, it reminded me it is important to have girl time. All I needed was him for so long, but him realizing he needs other friends made me realize I need mine, or maybe I'm just bitter because I was perfectly happy ignoring all my friend's phone calls for these past two years. I don't know, but as much as it hurts to know that the more we spend time with friends the less we'll spend together, it is important. I'm too young to give up my whole life for someone else. I need to live and find myself independently of him. I've already given up a lot, and that is how people turn out resentful and I never want that to happen.

So today I hung out by the pool with a lovely girlfriend of mine and enjoyed my summer with girl talk and sunshine. And I have fun plans the rest of the weekend as well.

So to wrap it up, I think for two people to remain individuals in their relationship is important. We have been integrated for so long, it's about time we become our own people again.

P.S. I love the summer! Lasik is less than a week away!

No comments:

Post a Comment