"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"
--Dillion

About Me

My photo
I am a lot of things, sometimes it drives me insane,and I think too much, but at the end of the day I am happy with who I am. I spend most of my time trying to understand this life, creating the person I would like to be, and learning. I always appreciate the little things, and I try to be better than, and to make better, the bad things.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"Insert Title Here"

Today was a beautiful day!

Sorry I have not posted in awhile, it's not that I haven't been writing, because that's what I do, but I haven't been publishing. I am quite honest with my readers, more honest than I want to be, so by no means am I hiding things from you. The reason you are not allowed to read them is because I'm not sure if the ideas I've been writing have come together quite yet to be in harmony with who I am. I am still crafting and shaping them and do not understand them yet, and how could I possible expect my readers to understand these same thoughts that currently perplex me.

Funny thing- understanding. I think communication is just such an amazing thing! Expressing your thoughts, and doing it accurately (meaning others' perceive it the way you meant it). People do not realize their control in a conversation, how important it is to use language and not let it use you, to take things out of the rhelm of theory and bring in a broader audience. I say this because I see when I am misunderstood, and I do not like it. It is not because I care too much of what others' think, but because I really do want to define myself on my own terms, and to be understood correctly. Communication is an amazing and a truly powerful tool, it is what makes thoughts possible, it is what stirs curiosity and brings peace to the unknown. With communication being so powerful, I believe miscommunication is the biggest problem we have. With these ideas that I hope you understand, if you didn't...Oh the Irony involved, I challenge you to let the world see you and know you on your terms. Realize the power and ambiguity in language, and play with it. Know that your word choice, the order you list words in, and the way you talk about things will all lead to how the world sees you, and when you look at it, is that how you want to be seen?


Next I've been waiting for my story to come, my talent, whatever it is. I really think the universe, god, something bigger will give it to me. But for now the stories and ideas I am given are incomplete. Do I have to keep poking and asking for this perfect story? Do I have to be patient and wait? I feel when I get the idea it will flow through me with ease and have a cathartic effect. But maybe I have to fill in the pieces myself, maybe I have to go get the pieces. Either way I am ready to create what I am meant to in this life. I am ready to have a story that teaches me things, that gets others to question and think..Most of all I'm ready for people to find my book amongst Oscar Wilde and Nathanael West in Borders (By no means am I comparing myself to them, and know I will never be anything close to a great, but these are the W names that came to my mind, lol). I'm young, but I hope it comes soon. It's more than possible I am not ready yet, for one often does not realize how to be ready for the unknown, but I am definitely ready to begin my journey towards finding a story worth writing/reading.

Very excited to write about Book #8, but feel I must refrain until I have discussed it with some people first.

Hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment