"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"
--Dillion

About Me

My photo
I am a lot of things, sometimes it drives me insane,and I think too much, but at the end of the day I am happy with who I am. I spend most of my time trying to understand this life, creating the person I would like to be, and learning. I always appreciate the little things, and I try to be better than, and to make better, the bad things.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

You're Losing Your Mind, But I Hope You're Not Lost

Today I had a delightful spring day. The weather was beautiful and I went to Red Rocks with my gramps. Although my grandpa has a quickly fading memory, he never forgets to recognize and appreciate the beauty around him. It is inspiring really, very few people can stop and recognize how beautiful life is. I get very few chances to look in the window of his mind, so I am thankful for ever time. Today was one of those rare occasions and I really enjoyed it. He even reminded me multiple times to watch out for those twenty year olds who only have one thing on their mind. This cracked me up. Hearing his thoughts makes me realize that even though old people are often a little stuck in older and more ignorant times, he is a beautiful soul, and I'm lucky to know him, even if he has no idea who I am.

I work my booty off at my job. It is like being a server times 50. Everytime we turn boring empty rooms into an amazing glamorized event fit for Colorado's elite. We serve hundreds of people carrying tray ater tray of full and empty dishes until our arms shake and threaten to give out completely. We stand on our feet all night and run around trying to keep these rich people, the clients, and our managers happy until our feet are blistered and our legs are painfully sore. After that we totally strip the room breaking down tables and chairs and dealing with nasty dirty dishes and having to empty our disgusting trashcan sized slop bucket multiply times. After that comes more cleaning. The hardest part for me, is that this is most people's second and third job. That's insane! I am so lucky that I get to go to school. I never want to get stuck in a shitty job. Not all people have the oppurtunity to go to school, and I am so thankful I can. Anyway I do not mind working hard, I'm only complaing because it is like 10 jobs in one and I feel underpaid.

In other news I have 6 days of school left and I am so excited for the summer. I cannot wait to take every oppurtunity to explore hiking trails, and to be outside. :) And since this is the first summer I will be living with my love we will have so much time to have fun! Hopefully I can break myself from my boring sleeping habits and we can stay up all night adventuring, then wake up and make every breakfast food item we have in the fridge...awesome!

Now to write a twelve page paper....16 year old me would of never believed that I could write this much with so much ease. It makes me wonder what I will be able to accomplish in the future that seems impossible now...

Best Avalanche game ever tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment