"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"
--Dillion

About Me

My photo
I am a lot of things, sometimes it drives me insane,and I think too much, but at the end of the day I am happy with who I am. I spend most of my time trying to understand this life, creating the person I would like to be, and learning. I always appreciate the little things, and I try to be better than, and to make better, the bad things.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Rated R doesn't stand for Rainbows.

I know what you are thinking, two blogs in one day?! lol


I recently watched a movie called Watchmen. As I watched it I remembered the huge complaint parents had because there was a blue penis showing in the movie. Number one: Grow up! As I was watching the movie there was a huge amount of sick violence. If I was a parent, a little penis would be the least of my worries. Number two: the movie was rated R! The only reason your kids saw that movie was because you bought them a ticket to it! The media rates movies for a reason, if you let your kids see an R movie, then you cannot blame the media, it's your bad parenting. Parents say "there is nothing good for my kids to watch." Good, then don't let them watch anything. In fact, the best thing you can do for your kids is get them as far away from the media as you can! In fact, everyone should disconnect from the media.

Some parents make me so mad sometimes, especially the religious ones. They are always trying to change the world so that they don't have to be afraid of letting their kids go out in it. Well guess what, you can't change the world, all you can do is instill your children with strong values, let them go and hope you did your job. If the parent did a good job of teaching their children, and have faith in them, then they should have nothing to worry about. If a parent is worried about their children in the world, it is a reflection of how they trust their own parenting. If parents stopped trying to change the world and focused more on changing their children, then eventually the world would change. Ugh. lol... No one that should read this has access to it.

Anyway religion, so interesting. I'm amazed at how it really is just an expression of humanity's greatest concerns. I'm not here to challenged if religion is true or not, it's just interesting to study religion in relation to society and people's lives. It's weird how the majority of the church congregation are women, but the hierarchy of the church is always made up of men. A lot of religions prohibit women from holding top positions...seems wrong, seems like something women would not want to believe in. Also it is interesting how religion is a source of social control, and a source of freedom at the same time. A lot of horrible sick things have been done in the name of religion, but a lot of people have found strength in it to do great as well. All in all I do not know how I feel about religion, in relation to truth, suppression, and thought control, but for now I will continue to talk to god and search for spirituality.

No comments:

Post a Comment