"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"
--Dillion

About Me

My photo
I am a lot of things, sometimes it drives me insane,and I think too much, but at the end of the day I am happy with who I am. I spend most of my time trying to understand this life, creating the person I would like to be, and learning. I always appreciate the little things, and I try to be better than, and to make better, the bad things.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Book # 6

Book #5 will be written about in due time.
Book #6= Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult.

After reading 8 of Picoult's collection of books, she gives me, without a doubt, the most amazing experiences of any other author I have ever read.

In my opinion she is simply inspiring as a writer, and what she does is pure art. If I could be half the writer she is I would be content.

The way she crafts her ideas and sentences is poetry. How she uses events and simple actions to relate to the themes and morals of the story amazes me. She creates and fulfills the reader's desires at the end of every page and chapter with constant twists and turns.

She makes me feel so powerfully, like I have almost never felt before. Some books you cry for the characters, but in her books you cry with them, you laugh with them, you are part of the family, a member of the jury. In fact, her books make me feel so much that I cannot completely get back to reality until I am finished with the book. This is why I usually finish her 4-500 page books in 2 days.

I cry multiple times in her books, and at the ending, although I often find myself angry at her for putting me through that, I am so happy with the way she does end it. I always said that when I became an author I would end my books sad, raw, and real, and that is exactly what she does.

Anyway, Jodi Picoult is the closest thing I have to a hero, and I love to dive in the world she creates for me every single time, tears and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment