"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"
--Dillion

About Me

My photo
I am a lot of things, sometimes it drives me insane,and I think too much, but at the end of the day I am happy with who I am. I spend most of my time trying to understand this life, creating the person I would like to be, and learning. I always appreciate the little things, and I try to be better than, and to make better, the bad things.

Friday, April 23, 2010

When it Snows in April, it's Probably a Good time to Stay in Bed



As the rain got quieter this morning while I lay in bed, I was disappointing that it had stopped. To my surprise I opened the window to find snow!..Oh Colorado!

I had the most delicious breakfast; an omelet, toast, my vitamins, and a Brown Cow yogurt! Oh Brown Cow you are amazing! At Natural Groceries I found a secret supply of them with every amazing flavor that I am even hesitant to tell you guys about. No offense, but every time I find them they seem to disappear. lol.

So today I decided to rant about texting. So Dear my generation...mostly. It drives me nuts. When you are with someone in person, be with them, do not always have your mind half somewhere else. It shows them you do not care about them, and that you are bored. If you have something to say to someone, just call them and talk for a few minutes, or send them a quick question and be done with it. When you are hanging out with people, give them your full attention. It is just rude and annoying when you are constantly texting. I apologize for anytime any of you have been talking to me and I have texted. I really try not to and I do not like how it makes the other person feel.

Also I wanted your guy's opinion on something. I wanted to ask you about sex..yeah! Being someone who has had christian ideals shoved in their face their whole life I fear I need other opinions. SO.. I see the people who have sex like it's nothing with everyone, I see people who make sex seem like the biggest deal in the world. I see relationships with and without it, I see people disspointed by it and bored by it. I see an immature society who makes it such a taboo topic. So basically my question to you guys is, Do you think its less important then we make it? Is it something that is just for having fun and making babies? Or is more meaningful than we make it? Is it really an amazing act of love that let's two people look into each other's souls?

I don't know why exactly, but I feel like it's really meaningful, and not such a big deal at the same time...just curious what others think about such a hot topic that we rarely talk about even though it is one of the only natural universal things about life.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Carrie, this is amazing! That picture is pure art. I like the questions you ask. You are correct we do live in a society that does not discuss sex, or if it does, it means nothing. So many ways to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question for you... Why do you feel that it is "not such a big deal"? Just curious, what are your reasons for saying this? As you probably guessed, I go for the its very meaningful side of this discussion. Its the gift of yourself, letting everything else fall to the floor and being there in that moment for that one person. If there isn't that emotion and intesity behind it, then you're (not you personally!) doing it wrong. The people who make it so nonchalant haven't experienced making love, they just have sex and if you've had the first then you don't want to just settle for the latter. I don't think society really makes it taboo, in fact the media and everything are going drastically in the opposite direction. But for the most part it should be private. A general discussion, like this is fine, but people need to realize its private and sacred between you and your spouse. Hmmm.. we should get together soon and talk, it would be fun! Oh, and I completely agree with you on the texting! So rude!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca, I would absolutely love to talk to you in person! I feel like in person would be much better! lol. But I do think it is soo meaningful! And I do know how vulnerable you are and that it should be about love. But the rest I'll explain because I hate what the media does! lol.

    ReplyDelete