"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"
--Dillion

About Me

My photo
I am a lot of things, sometimes it drives me insane,and I think too much, but at the end of the day I am happy with who I am. I spend most of my time trying to understand this life, creating the person I would like to be, and learning. I always appreciate the little things, and I try to be better than, and to make better, the bad things.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Smell that? That's Life right infront of You

Life is good, there are so many wonderful opportunities! There is so much life to be had. There are so many books to read, movies to watch, people to meet, places to see, mountains to climb, buildings to jump off of, so many landscapes to be appreciated. I want it all, and I'm so thankful that I can have whatever I'm willing to chase.

I over think life a lot, which is holding me back from enjoying it to the full extent. In a way thinking and questioning is how I enjoy life, but getting angry and frustrated is not. I need to stop that. Nah, I am going to stop that, I am going to stop getting in my own way. I'm going to stop getting mad, I'm going to stop letting things get me down. Maybe to do this I need to know what is getting me down? What are the things that make me sad?

Death/growing old- This is a part of life. It is so sad to watch people grow old, but I just have to know that they will die, and death will be a good thing. I need to know that their best days are not behind them and society has not just pushed them aside. I need to believe that they had a good life, and spent it the way they wanted.

Missing out on things/ Not being able to do it all/ Letting myself down- I need to be quiet and listen to my heart. I need to become aware of what I really want, and focus on accomplishing that. I need to know that I am capable of doing a lot of things if I make them happen. I need to not be afraid to go after them.

People- I need to cut them slack. There are tons of beautiful people, and tons of beautiful things people have done. No one is completely good or bad, and that's what comes with freewill, which is a great thing. I need to have lower expectations for people. I can only control myself, and although my expectations can still be high, I can cut myself some slack too.


I think it is important to constantly remind ourselves who we are, and what we want. As long as you can be honest with yourself, you can be true to yourself. As long as you know who you are, what you believe and why, there is no problem that can't be solved and no goal that can't be reached.

No comments:

Post a Comment