"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"
--Dillion

About Me

My photo
I am a lot of things, sometimes it drives me insane,and I think too much, but at the end of the day I am happy with who I am. I spend most of my time trying to understand this life, creating the person I would like to be, and learning. I always appreciate the little things, and I try to be better than, and to make better, the bad things.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Apples

Sometimes I don't know if I was made for a better world, or if I was made to better this world. The latter seems overwhelming. If one bad apple can spoil the bunch, then what chance does one good apple have in a bunch of bad apples? Maybe I'm looking at it wrong. Instead of just focusing on how one bad thing can easily corrupt everything, maybe I need to focus on one bad thing. Instead of focusing on bad and good, what matters is the number one, one person, can change the rest. That gives me hope. The thing is the world does not want to be changed, and I sure can't be apart of it as is, so maybe I was made for a different world. And maybe I was just made to be alone in this world. This is no good either because all that matters to me are the people in my life. And maybe instead of feeling like it's my responsibility to change the other apples, I need to step out of the barrel completely. Cut the bad out of my life, and search for the beautiful people that do exist everywhere even though they are hard to find. It's hard because when is it time to help others, and when is it time to know you can no longer let them pull you down? Removing the bad from you life seems like your on a boat and you have to remove all the weight so you can stay afloat, so you can save yourself, except that weight is people. Is it ok to save yourself? Isn't the honorable thing to go down with the ship, or risk your own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment