"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"
--Dillion

About Me

My photo
I am a lot of things, sometimes it drives me insane,and I think too much, but at the end of the day I am happy with who I am. I spend most of my time trying to understand this life, creating the person I would like to be, and learning. I always appreciate the little things, and I try to be better than, and to make better, the bad things.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Playing and Relaxing at the Lake


Sometimes the only thing to do is to take a week away from society, away from electronics, away from everything, and just have a good old camping trip. Spending time with people, relaxing, not worrying about time, and playing games. This is the first year that my family camping trip went perfect. No holding down our stuff praying the swirling clouds above won't make a tornado, no holes in the tube, no getting stuck in the sand. It was great. I had so much fun spending time with the people I love. This year my boyfriend's family came as well which was a blast! I spent my time flying on top of the water, sometimes fearing for my life with 8 foot waves, reading, relaxing, and we played so many games, which I love! I am so thankful for my family and that we can go on these trips every year.


The amazing storms that we got to watch but didn't bother us. Man I can't even explain how magical it was! The whole sky was lighting up over the water constantly! I love storms! I also love not dying so it was perfect to watch them and not feel them when camping. So much power, beauty, and a lesson of perspective. When we turned around the sky was beautiful and the stars were showing clear.


The gorgeous spot that Kevin found and we enjoyed together. The sunsets were so pretty every night. Purples, Pinks, Yellows, Blues- Amazing!


Where I spent much of my time thinking, reading and relaxing. I loved my latest book so much! I'll write about it in another blog.
It was a lovely time. I've always hated Nebraska, but there is always something beautiful in every place in it's own way. Being at the lake is beautiful!

Note: I decided to start a travel blog separate from this one if anyone is interested in reading it. I will start writing on it soon!

Hope everyone is enjoying and making the most of their summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment