"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"
--Dillion

About Me

My photo
I am a lot of things, sometimes it drives me insane,and I think too much, but at the end of the day I am happy with who I am. I spend most of my time trying to understand this life, creating the person I would like to be, and learning. I always appreciate the little things, and I try to be better than, and to make better, the bad things.

Friday, June 11, 2010

This Can't just be Chaos!


Life, This earth, Our individual minds, Personality, Passion, Our bodies, Breathing, Love, Creativity, The Universe...What I just exhibited was a list of things that are absolutely, without a doubt, amazing!!

The fact that we exist in such a perfect environment made of all the right factors in a bubble of oxygen in the middle of a never ending universe is absolutely incredible! It can't just be coincidence. We, people, are amazing. The fact that we breath, think, create, and just live is spectacular.

People always tell me to just worry about myself, which is true. We need to focus on growing, improving, and proving ourselves to ourselves at our own pace. But I always feel like I can't just sit by and watch other people drown. If I was on a plank and people were all around me reaching up for help, I would save every single one of them without a thought. Then I realized I'm not on a plank, and these people are not asking for my help. When they do, I do help, more than I have ever realized before. Today I got the biggest complement. Someone told me I really encouraged them to be stronger, and to be confident in who they were just by watching me. They told me I pulled them out of a depression just because I took the time to realize they were sad and talk to them. It made me feel so good. I could not believe I came across that way, because I'm just as lost and confused as most, but I really helped them and I didn't even know it. It felt good to know that I don't have to put myself through hell for people, and frustrate myself trying to reach them. I really can wait for them to come to me, and I can affect other people's lives just by being me and being an example, which is what a lot of people were meaning all along.
Anyway I'm starting to realize that just worrying about bettering myself does not mean I do not help others. It simply means that who you are and where you are in life is just between you and god. And when you worry about yourself you are more equipped when people do ask for your help, and makes it so you can help them just by living your life.

While we are bettering ourselves, and reaching this age of awareness of how amazing it is that we are even alive, we need to know how amazing we are. We have full control in who we are; we are the captain of our minds and ourselves. We are the ones that tear ourselves down. We scream at ourselves for our failures, and remind us constantly that we are flawed and not good enough. We need to realize our control and build ourselves up at our own pace. We need to be patient with ourselves. We need to realize what we don't like about ourselves and know we have the power to change it. We are all amazing people because we are here! We have our own unique interests and personalities, thoughts, and beliefs. We all look a certain way, but that doesn't really matter. We are all beautiful because we work. We are machines that work perfectly. We all breathe, and have a heart beating in our bodies right now.

So I'm done tearing myself down. I will continue to better myself, but I will be still and know. Know that I am amazing, know that I am good enough, know that I help people, know that I can reach my goals. I hope all of you will realize how amazing you are.

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog. Very deep of you. I also love your new design. It fits our weather situation nicely. Love you ;)

    ReplyDelete