"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"
--Dillion

About Me

My photo
I am a lot of things, sometimes it drives me insane,and I think too much, but at the end of the day I am happy with who I am. I spend most of my time trying to understand this life, creating the person I would like to be, and learning. I always appreciate the little things, and I try to be better than, and to make better, the bad things.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Breaking the Bitter

Sometimes you lose... Sometimes you don't get the promotion, sometimes corruption wins, sometimes you want something so bad and don't get it. We've all been rejected or turned down at one time in our life. We've all had people we trust (friends, family) let us down. We have all been disappointed with ourselves and this world. We've all hurt, we've all done wrong and been wronged. And you know something? Many of us let it win..and once again we lose.

When looking at an adult...whatever that means, it is often we can taste the edge of bitterness. Some people are so bitter. They are angry, they are frustrated, they have given up and have settled on the fact that this world sucks, and life is not fair.

Then you find a jewel. Someone who has been knocked down just as many times, but has gotten up one more time than the rest of us. Someone who just understands and knows this world is a beautiful place and there's a reason for everything. Not to be cliche but "When one door closes another one opens."

I want to be young forever. Not in the sense most people my age mean. I mean I don't want to get anger, and overwhelmed, bitter...I don't want to give up. I don't want to loose, and never try to win again. I always want to forgive, and not hold on to grudges and times that I got screwed over for the rest of my life. This giving up is what makes people old and miserable. I want to get back up every time. Often I let wrong things in the world keep me down. I want to be stronger than that. I have perfect vision now, I can see 20/15. Now I only need to work on seeing the beautiful things in this world more clearly. I will not let time and disappointments and people ruin me. This slowly letting things ruin us and shutting down is horrible.

I will take rejection and move on. I will make new dreams and goals till the day I die. I will stay healthy so I can go mountain biking when I am 70. I will forgive old friends that have hurt me, and open my heart up fully to new ones. The world is beautiful, there is always another day, another dream, and I will stand up every single time.

Thank you to those who always stay positive. Who constantly remind me of the beauty in this world. Who don't let it get you down or beat you. You will keep those wrinkles off my face, and the bitter out of my heart. Love, Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment