"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"
--Dillion

About Me

My photo
I am a lot of things, sometimes it drives me insane,and I think too much, but at the end of the day I am happy with who I am. I spend most of my time trying to understand this life, creating the person I would like to be, and learning. I always appreciate the little things, and I try to be better than, and to make better, the bad things.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Something to Chew on

It is such a beautiful day! I am having such a great summer!
I had a blast at the Renaissance festival the other day. I cannot even believe how many people are kids inside. It is so fun! I found some of my favorite foods there! My consensus is it is a bunch of people who dress up in whatever they want, get drunk, and watch shows with humor that constantly crosses the line! haha. Can't wait to go back!

Something to think about:
Living with my boyfriend has been an absolute blast! We chose to get a two bedroom apartment because we wanted our own space. When I tell people we actually sleep in separate beds for the most part they all kinda have the same reaction. They think it's weird. I've never really thought about it, we just sleep better that way. We can spread out, get up as many times as we want, move all we want, really it's stress free not having to worry about bothering another person or being bothered. Right now it works out great, but I naturally assumed things would be different when we're married. Then I came across this article, and also a really interesting video about how 1 in 4 married couples sleep in different beds. I don't know how I feel about it in marriage, but I definitely know people who get better sleep are happier. I also know my parents didn't get along until they had separate houses! Where is the future going? Are we getting selfish and independent, or are we getting smarter and learning how to make things work? Here are some of the sources. What do you guys think about sleeping in separate beds? Do you think it is old-fashioned, or modern? Where do you think you would sleep better?

video: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/38411118#38411118
(More married couples sleeping apart)

Here are 4 articles on it:

http://www.therealestatebloggers.com/%20/housing-general/why-married-sleeping-seperately-is-changing-home-designs-in-us/

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/04/23/earlyshow/health/main2715817.shtml

http://www.spaceandculture.org/2007/03/15/rewriting-marriage-two-beds-bedrooms-at-a-time

by Bruce Feiler

My grandparents had a secret. When I was growing up in Savannah, Ga., in the 1970s, my paternal grandparents lived in the house immediately behind us. (My uncle lived next door in a set-up my father likened to Faulkner.) But my grandparents did something in their otherwise typical suburban home that was always something of a mystery to me.

They slept in separate bedrooms.

I speculated that this bifurcated sleeping arrangement had something to do with Southern gentility, Papa’s late-night ham radio habit, or some unseen rift in their marriage. But since my parents slept in side-by-side twin beds, and my wife and I later chose a king-size mattress, I assumed separate bedrooms had gone the way of other bygone relics, like sleeping caps or corsets.

I was wrong. It turns out my grandparents were ahead of their time.

Nearly one in four American couples sleep in separate bedrooms or beds, the National Sleep Foundation reported in a 2005 survey. Recent studies in England and Japan have found similar results. And the National Association of Home Builders says it expects 60 percent of custom homes to have dual master bedrooms by 2015.

Even Hollywood is catching on. The former bodyguard for Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt told In Touch Weekly recently that the couple often sleeps in separate rooms. (Ms. Jolie informed Vanity Fair that the couple sometimes sleeps in one “giant bed” with their six children.) In Touch also reported this spring that five months after Kevin Jonas of the Jonas Brothers traded his purity ring for a wedding band, he was sleeping separately from his wife. The reason, a friend said: “He snores like a freight train.”



  • More couples are ending the nightly fight over snoring by sleeping  in separate bedrooms.



No comments:

Post a Comment