"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"
--Dillion

About Me

My photo
I am a lot of things, sometimes it drives me insane,and I think too much, but at the end of the day I am happy with who I am. I spend most of my time trying to understand this life, creating the person I would like to be, and learning. I always appreciate the little things, and I try to be better than, and to make better, the bad things.

Friday, January 8, 2010

That darn sport!

So, I am pretty sure snowboarding is the absolute, without a doubt, most horribly miserable thing I have ever done. Yet, surprisingly, I had a lot of fun. I'm not sure who won, me or the mountain. I'm pretty sore, but I made that mountain my biotch a time or two. I totally mastered the bunny hill, but why do they gotta call it that? I feel like a little wimp. They should call it the killer rabbit slope, or something more awesome. I really think it was good to challenge myself. I realized I'm never going to be proud of anything I accomplish unless I have to work for it. Things that come easy don't make you a stronger person, and I always seem to quit things that don't. So, I'm going stick this out until I get better.

I talked to just the most adorable girl and she gave me some amazing new reading ideas. So I have added them on to my very long and never ending book list, then I moved them to the top. So I am very excited to dig in!

I am on this new mission to simplify my life. It's super difficult but I am ready. I'm tired of being tied down with stuff. I want to be able to just get up and go if I suddenly want to live somewhere else. I'm almost ready to go adventure and find myself, but I have to get everything together here first so I don't have to worry about anything.

Daily Concern: Watching 3 year olds whiz by me on the slopes today, well first it was adorable and a little ego stripping, but second it made me want to make my kids awesome at everything when they are little. What an advantage to learn things when your spongy and fearless. I wonder if this will make my kids grow up and blame me for controlling there life, or trying to live through them. Huh...

small thought: Living with someone made me realize I'm that darn apple right next to the tree! I do everything like my parents...freaky!

Love Care

3 comments:

  1. I can't find your follow button.. But someday when I find it I'll be sure to follow! Liking what you have so far, my blog is still empty, but we'll see if someday my thoughts fill it up. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are the amazing reading ideas? What else is on your super long reading list??? I'd love to hear and add some more to my own!

    I am right there with you on simplifying one's life. It's been a goal of mine for some time to pare down to the essentials and/or to the things that truely serve and make me happy.

    I'm so happy you've started writing more on your blog! It makes me feel more motivated about my own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. killer rabbit slope lol...classic

    ReplyDelete