"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"
--Dillion

About Me

My photo
I am a lot of things, sometimes it drives me insane,and I think too much, but at the end of the day I am happy with who I am. I spend most of my time trying to understand this life, creating the person I would like to be, and learning. I always appreciate the little things, and I try to be better than, and to make better, the bad things.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Jump In!



Press play and read on. lol

Hello, well I'm back from Greece (view blog: http://discovertheadventure.blogspot.com/ and follow if you like what you see. lol) and I had just an amazing time! In fact it has been quite difficult to readjust to normal life. I'm so glad I went! I re-found some of my confidence, adventure, independence, and really some happiness. Sometimes you get a glimpse of the person you were made to be, and when you get to be that person you feel in harmony with your inner soul. I felt that way on my trip. I feel that way with my new confidence and motivation. I had many realizations on this trip. I realized that I deserve to have friends who love and care about me, and even though I've been disappointed by lots of friends, I'm ready to put that behind me and find some new ones. There are a lot of amazing people out there, and it's often when you are not looking that you find them. Traveling around the world and seeing people all over, well I realize that I'm pretty lucky with the guy I have, and it's worth working through all the hard things life throws at you to stay with a person like that. I learned I'm pretty great too. My family makes sure to knock you down if you are ever in a good place with yourself. They don't just keep you grounded, they keep you just below the surface and call it staying humble. Well I'm tired of having no self-esteem, and I'm starting to realize it's ok to like who you are. It's ok to be happy, and to be happy with yourself. And since I know it's ok to be happy with myself, I don't have to be scared to work hard to get to there. Often my family seems under the surface, I don't know, jealous of me going on these trips. But that's not really fair. The only difference between me and them is I made it happen. I stopped saying what if, and said sign me up. Because it doesn't come down to money and time, it comes down to fear and laziness. We all say "wouldn't it be cool if..." well I get sick of that and I try to always say "wasn't it cool when..." I encourage everyone to, simple put, make stuff happen. Sign up for that blank you've always wanted. Rearrange your work schedule, start saving money, make life happen! If you don't it's not going to happen for you. Stop making excuses and being lazy because it's worth it when you do. Of course I'm going to take my own advice because I'm scared as hell to do lots of things as well. But one by one I'm knocking those things off the list, and I'm happy every time I do. I hope everyone had an awesome summer and is living it up all the way to the end. But the end is approaching quickly. Which isn't something to be sad about, because there is always something beautiful and something great all the time and around every corner.

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you going out and doing everything you have dreamed of. It is very impressive. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete