"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"
--Dillion

About Me

My photo
I am a lot of things, sometimes it drives me insane,and I think too much, but at the end of the day I am happy with who I am. I spend most of my time trying to understand this life, creating the person I would like to be, and learning. I always appreciate the little things, and I try to be better than, and to make better, the bad things.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Knowledge

There's so much to learn I can't stand it! Not that I'm overwhelmed with learning it all, I just got to figure out a way to keep it all in my head. I literally feel like plugging my ears so it can't spill out!

Nothing is a more wonderful feeling to me than learning...well maybe the joy lies in the thinking aspect.

Today I was once again taken to new depths. Asked what I believed on things that I could talk myself in circles with all day. Told that until I know where I stand it is difficult to know where I'm coming from, knowing my full identity, and understanding myself as a communicator.
I love this wonderful thing called learning! I love when I'm reminded it truly isn't about grades or tests, it's about the pure and simple fact that we have a mind, mix it with the existence of information, and we get a desire, nah, a thirst for knowledge.

We are capable of soo much more! Right now I'm so disappointed with how society is set up, kids go to college, bullshit their way through, and get a piece of paper so they can move on to what's "truly important", getting a job and becoming a consumer. Screw that! Knowledge is the destination for me, I'm not passing through it on my way to get a bigger paycheck. Why is humanity trained this way, why is society set up this way. Bettering my career, that's great but superficial, bettering myself..that will last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment