"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"
--Dillion

About Me

My photo
I am a lot of things, sometimes it drives me insane,and I think too much, but at the end of the day I am happy with who I am. I spend most of my time trying to understand this life, creating the person I would like to be, and learning. I always appreciate the little things, and I try to be better than, and to make better, the bad things.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Questions

I find myself talking about life a lot, which I need, crave, and is important for my growth as a person. But it is funny because I find myself always talking to people much older than me. It has really made me realize that we are all the same and none of us know anything more than anyone else. We are all just living life the best we know how and making mistakes left and right, but all we can do is do the best we know how at the time. We can't constantly drive ourselves crazy with thoughts about our past and what we could of done differently. It used to really upset me that no one had any answers, but now I am okay with it. I have accepted the fact that when I am 80 I will still have just as many questions and concerns about life as I do right now. I am excited that even though I will never know, I will continue to explore and question.

It has always been interesting to think about relationships for me, and how feelings change and die. I think this is because we, as people are always changing. I think for a relationship to work, you have to understand you both are always re-establishing your identity, and we have to re-learn who the other person is all the time. Otherwise we stop talking slowly and assume we know them, then one day we wake up and realize we are totally different people then we once were, don't recognize each other, and the love is gone.


Anyway, The big epiphany I learned tonight is although we can kinda learn from other people's mistakes, it doesn't really work that way. We are all different, and different things play out differently for different people. A lifestyle that works for one person, won't work for another. So I am going to stop being afraid to do things that steered someone else wrong, because I am a different person, who wants and needs different things.

No comments:

Post a Comment