"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"
--Dillion

About Me

My photo
I am a lot of things, sometimes it drives me insane,and I think too much, but at the end of the day I am happy with who I am. I spend most of my time trying to understand this life, creating the person I would like to be, and learning. I always appreciate the little things, and I try to be better than, and to make better, the bad things.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Book # 3 in Cali


Hello again. Just got back from California where I had a blast hanging on the beach and going for walks through such interesting neighborhoods. I ate lunch at this place called Lemonade. The strangest experience. Good food but such weird combinations of ingredients.


But while in California I, like I often am, was reminded of how sick people can be. So weak when fighting human desire. Sex, drugs and alcohol crawl into bed with us and take over our body, in time they crawl into our mind and control our lives. Why aren't people better than this? Why do we all try so hard to run away from our own minds, the gift of our own minds! Ok, of coarse not of all us, but a bunch of stangers get together, drink until no one recognizes themselves, akwardness fades, and with it dignity runs out the door, and everyone hooks up, throws up, passes out, and is back the next night.

With this I understand why you would want to scrap humanity and start over. This is where my book comes in. Oryx and Crake by, Margaret Atwood, is a science fiction book about our future world and a person with a vision to scrap huimanity and start over with new, refined people to make a paradise. It was a little drab and not very enjoyable to read, but had a lot of interesting ideas. These new people have been stripped, maybe unsucessfully, of characteristic that the creator finds to be damaging to society. They no longer have sex as a pleasure, it is simply a mating ritual, they have no knowledge or awareness of mortality, no jealousy or envy, and many more, physical changes as well like perfect skin.

In the end, despite all the efforts, it seems maybe it is inevitable for humans to have these things. Because the things that often make us sinful and sick, are also the things that make our world beautiful. These are curiosity and creativety. You cannot take these things out of a human, and would you want to? Isn't it beautiful that we are the only animals that ask where we came from and invent gods to explain it because we are so discontented by the thought? Isn't it beautiful what we can create. What this book meant to me is humans are what we are, we are amazing. But with what we are comes the power to do great, and to do great evil. Bad and Good are a packaged deal. I do not think we could let go of good just to get rid of the bad.


Like always my analyses is my opinion and these books may hit you in a different way.

Done with book #4, will write about it in time.

Love ~Care~

No comments:

Post a Comment