"All I can do is be me, whoever that is"
--Dillion

About Me

My photo
I am a lot of things, sometimes it drives me insane,and I think too much, but at the end of the day I am happy with who I am. I spend most of my time trying to understand this life, creating the person I would like to be, and learning. I always appreciate the little things, and I try to be better than, and to make better, the bad things.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Maestro's Wise View on Materialism

Everyday I take my furry little soulmate for a stroll. Sometimes we walk fast, eager as a beaver to get just a few feet further. Other days we stop almost constantly to smell every inch of ground along the way. Sometimes Maestro finds an object of fascination; a perfectly smooth stick, a prickly pinecone, a rock. He is so consumed by whatever it is he pulls and chokes his little neck until he can reach it. He holds his head high and trots along holding his new toy eager to show off his proud accomplishment. But just as quickly as he snatched it up, he releases it and goes on his way without a second glance behind him. This is my goal; to be excited when new things come my way, but to never get attached, and then release them soon after. On my way to a life of voluntary simplicity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment